New Student Orientation ~ C.O.R.E.
(College Orientation and Registration Experience)
Who should attend? And what should I do first?
New Highline students with no prior college experience are required to attend a New Student Orientation UNLESS they are participating in one of the following programs, which each have a special orientation tailored specifically for them. Contact the appropriate department for details.
Before you attend orientation complete the following steps:
- Choose your area of interest. This is part of the application process.
- Apply for admission to Highline College.
- Investigate funding sources.
- Activate your myHCC account.
- Take any necessary tests or request evaluation of your transcripts from other schools you have attended.
- Sign-up for New Student Orientation. Face-to-face orientations are available beginning Nov. 1, 2015.
- Choose your classes and register.
Attending the orientation has many benefits including:
- Information on a degree or program that best meets your career goal
- Opportunity to meet with other new and current students
To register for your on campus orientaton, you will need to activate your "myHCC" email. To set up your Highline email, go to https://myinfo.highline.edu/MyInfo/Activate.php.
Students participating in any of the following programs must attend a special orientation tailored just for them. Contact the department for details.